Young scientists have a chance to visit the only in Russia private innovation cluster Technopolis GS23.07.2014
GS Group announces a competition of research works among the young scientists on “Development of small Russian cities”, dated for the 54th European Regional Science Association Congress (ERSA Congress). The winners will be able to take part in the study tour to the unique innovation cluster Technopolis GS located in the town of Gusev, Kaliningrad region.
The contest will be held from July 28 to August 15, 2014. The young scientists participating in ERSA Congress will be asked to write an essay on the future of small Russian cities. They will need to express their vision on the ways of small cities development and to offer innovative models of interaction with business. The essay must consist of at least 4 pages.
On August 15, 2014 the jury will determine three winners who will take the study tour around Technopolis GS with other Russian and European ERSA Congress delegates. The tour will take place on August 29-30. Within the tour the young specialists will become acquainted with the real opportunities of the small cities development with the support of the business.
A bus tour around Gusev and excursion to the Technopolis GS industries and residential area will be organized for tour participants. The biggest Russian microelectronics products development and manufacturing center GS Nanotech will host a round table devoted to the problems of small cities development in Russia. GS Group representatives will unveil the progress achieved within the investment project Technopolis GS realization, its integration with the town of Gusev and the whole Kaliningrad region.
Innovation cluster Technopolis GS represents a successful model of small city development which can be applied to rebuild the economies of other small towns in the country. Today the following tasks are successfully implemented in Technopolis GS:
- Six high-tech industries are constructed and operating;
- There are 2000 employees engaged in the Technopolis GS industries;
- Organization of leisure-time activities for Technopolis GS employees and local citizens is being actively developed;
- The program of events perpetuating the memory of World War I is implemented. Kaliningrad region is the only area on the territory of modern Russia that was a battleground during WWI;
- The environment for facilitating the new promising projects in the field of telecommunications and innovations development is being created and supported. GS Venture corporate fund was created for this purpose;
- Residential area is under construction. It will include cottage gated community, cultural and entertainment objects;
- Career-oriented and educational programs for students are being implemented.
Entries in original should be sent to: email@example.com.
Entries can be submitted till August 15 inclusive.
Here you can explore "Terms of the Contest".